It is the policy of Carrickfergus Community Church to safeguard the welfare of all children, young people and vulnerable adults in our care by protecting them from physical, sexual and emotional harm.
By means of:
• Making sure that all our staff and volunteers are carefully selected trained and supervised.
• Giving parents, young people and workers access to information about our protection plan
• Letting parents, children, young people and vulnerable adults know how to voice their concerns or complain if there is anything they are not happy about.
• Personal disclosure form to be completed by all volunteers and staff
• All staff to complete Access NI checks
• Induction of staff and volunteers
• Recording of allegations or suspicions
All staff and volunteers should never:
• Allow children, young people or vulnerable adults to use inappropriate language unchallenged
• Make sexually suggestive comments about or to a child, young person or vulnerable adult even in fun
• Do things of a personal nature for a child, young person or vulnerable adult which they can do for themselves
• Let allegations by a child, young person or vulnerable adult go unchallenged or unrecorded
• Allow or engage in inappropriate touching of any form
• Allow or engage in any dangerous horseplay or dangerous physical games
• Allow or engage in any sexually provocative games
• Be on their own with any child, young person or vulnerable adult unless absolutely necessary
All staff and volunteers should take suspicions or accusations of abuse straight to the leader in charge of Child Protection – Lynn McKenzie
Carrickfergus Community Church Safeguarding Policy Approved April 2018